The world seems a lot smaller without you Wendy!

The world seems a lot smaller without you Wendy!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Wendy!

Today is Wendy's birthday. She would have been 29 today! It's still so hard to wake up some mornings and realize that she isn't going to be there to call or to plan some family party with. I can imagine she would have been having a huge party for her birthday- like she always did. When we were much younger, Suzanne and I used to throw her birthday parties for. We had some pretty good ones. My dad said to me last night that my neice, Alayna, woke up from her nap and saw a picture of Wendy (this was yesterday). And she says- "That's Wendy! Wendy is crying". I just think that if she truly is crying right now, it's because this was one of her favorite times of year and she is sad that she is not with all of us celebrating! I hope she knows that we are all thinking of her and are missing her.
We were hoping to have her headstone done by today, but it wasn't able to happen. I will post on here when it gets done and try to get a picture of it on here too. I think it is going to be beautiful!!! Thank you to all of her friends who continue to keep her memory alive........ if any of you are celebrating this day or night- please sing a little birthday song for Wendy!

LOVE YOU WENDY!!!

4 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

Wendy did always have the best Birthday parties. I remember her 13th or 14th, it's been a while, but it was Halloween themed. Your mom has the house totally decked out. There was dry ice, gummy worms hidden in spaghetti, lady fingers in pudding. So many fun great treats and games. That is a great memory. Happy Birthday Wendy! I miss you and will be thinking of you today.

Ronda said...

Mindee, that probably would have been Suzanne and Marcia that decorated the house all up and threw that party. They did throw some awsome parties for her. I was just telling my boys about that one. I think it was a crazy dinner or something. Great post Marcia! Wish I could have been there. I am still in Florida. Be back soon and I will visit the cemetary and see all the beautiful flowers you all put there. I'll add something of my own.

NikiD said...

I rememeber THAT! Oh the old days!:) Fun fun....You know i think our little get together at her grave was im sure all she needed to put a smile on her face! I just miss her...

Marcia Milam said...

I have been cleaning lots lately getting things organized and ready for the baby and actually found some pictures of this party with some photos. I will have to scan them and get them on here- not something I am very good at- but this was for sure one of the best parties we ever did for Wendy! I know it was one she never forgot- nor all of her friends that came! I will try to get these pictures on here for you all!